Some of you guys out there have probably seen it coming. I did not invest that much time on finishing (or even starting) my diploma thesis in the last couple of days. Surprisingly, updating my music collection seemed to be much more … ehm … fun! Fortunately I currently only possess round about 3600 audio files (MP3) which consume about 15GB of my hard drive space. I only say this, because I know someone who „owns“ over 100GB of MP3s. Sick!
So what does updating of MP3s mean? Well it meant quite a bit of work, because I decided to attach to each file the corresponding CD cover. Therefore I searched the internet, primarily with Google picture search for covers with an acceptable quality and the dimensions of at least 400×400. I think this size is on one hand accurate enough to see some details, but on the other hand small enough to actually find covers. After having searched with Google and websites like ALLCDCovers or Encyclopaedia Metallum I am satisfied with my results, although it took me almost about two days. Of course some of the covers were smaller than 400×400, especially the ones of the German Fun Metal band J.B.O. and I only scaled them up to about 300×300.